Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 4

3:21 My son! let them not turn from thine eyes, Keep thou wisdom and thoughtfulness,

3:22 And they are life to thy soul, and grace to thy neck.

3:23 Then thou goest thy way confidently, And thy foot doth not stumble.

3:24 If thou liest down, thou art not afraid, Yea, thou hast lain down, And sweet hath been thy sleep.

3:25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, And of the desolation of the wicked when it cometh.

3:26 For Jehovah is at thy side, And He hath kept thy foot from capture.

3:27 Withhold not good from its owners, When thy hand [is] toward God to do [it].

3:28 Say not thou to thy friend, `Go, and return, and to-morrow I give,' And substance with thee.

3:29 Devise not against thy neighbour evil, And he sitting confidently with thee.

3:30 Strive not with a man without cause, If he have not done thee evil.

3:31 Be not envious of a man of violence, Nor fix thou on any of his ways.

3:32 For an abomination to Jehovah [is] the perverted, And with the upright [is] His secret counsel.

3:33 The curse of Jehovah [is] in the house of the wicked. And the habitation of the righteous He blesseth.

3:34 If the scorners He doth scorn, Yet to the humble He doth give grace.

3:35 Honour do the wise inherit, And fools are bearing away shame!

4:1 Hear, ye sons, the instruction of a father, And give attention to know understanding.

4:2 For good learning I have given to you, My law forsake not.

4:3 For, a son I have been to my father -- tender, And an only one before my mother.

4:4 And he directeth me, and he saith to me: `Let thy heart retain my words, Keep my commands, and live.

4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding, Do not forget, nor turn away From the sayings of my mouth.

4:6 Forsake her not, and she doth preserve thee, Love her, and she doth keep thee.

4:7 The first thing [is] wisdom -- get wisdom, And with all thy getting get understanding.

4:8 Exalt her, and she doth lift thee up, She honoureth thee, when thou dost embrace her.

4:9 She giveth to thy head a wreath of grace, A crown of beauty she doth give thee freely.

4:10 Hear, my son, and receive my sayings, And years of life [are] multiplied to thee.

4:11 In a way of wisdom I have directed thee, I have caused thee to tread in paths of uprightness.

4:12 In thy walking thy step is not straitened, And if thou runnest, thou stumblest not.

4:13 Lay hold on instruction, do not desist, Keep her, for she [is] thy life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Bible Verses - 109

The Pistis Sophia - Page 22

The Pistis Sophia - Page 21