Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 38

30:1 Words of a Gatherer, son of an obedient one, the declaration, an affirmation of the man: -- I have wearied myself [for] God, I have wearied myself [for] God, and am consumed.

30:2 For I am more brutish than any one, And have not the understanding of a man.

30:3 Nor have I learned wisdom, Yet the knowledge of Holy Ones I know.

30:4 Who went up to heaven, and cometh down? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who hath bound waters in a garment? Who established all ends of the earth? What [is] His name? and what His son's name? Surely thou knowest!

30:5 Every saying of God [is] tried, A shield He [is] to those trusting in Him.

30:6 Add not to His words, lest He reason with thee, And thou hast been found false.

30:7 Two things I have asked from Thee, Withhold not from me before I die.

30:8 Vanity and a lying word put far from me, Poverty or wealth give not to me, Cause me to eat the bread of my portion,

30:9 Lest I become satiated, and have denied, And have said, `Who [is] Jehovah?' And lest I be poor, and have stolen, And have laid hold of the name of my God.

30:10 Accuse not a servant unto his lord, Lest he disesteem thee, and thou be found guilty.

30:11 A generation [is], that lightly esteemeth their father, And their mother doth not bless.

30:12 A generation -- pure in their own eyes, But from their own filth not washed.

30:13 A generation -- how high are their eyes, Yea, their eyelids are lifted up.

30:14 A generation -- swords [are] their teeth, And knives -- their jaw-teeth, To consume the poor from earth, And the needy from [among] men.

30:15 To the leech [are] two daughters, `Give, give, Lo, three things are not satisfied, Four have not said `Sufficiency;'

30:16 Sheol, and a restrained womb, Earth -- it [is] not satisfied [with] water, And fire -- it hath not said, `Sufficiency,'

30:17 An eye that mocketh at a father, And despiseth to obey a mother, Dig it out do ravens of the valley, And eat it do young eagles.

30:18 Three things have been too wonderful for me, Yea, four that I have not known:

30:19 The way of the eagle in the heavens, The way of a serpent on a rock, The way of a ship in the heart of the sea, And the way of a man in youth.

30:20 So -- the way of an adulterous woman, She hath eaten and hath wiped her mouth, And hath said, `I have not done iniquity.'

30:21 For three things hath earth been troubled, And for four -- it is not able to bear:

30:22 For a servant when he reigneth, And a fool when he is satisfied with bread,

30:23 For a hated one when she ruleth, And a maid-servant when she succeedeth her mistress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Bible Verses - 109

The Pistis Sophia - Page 22

Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 12