Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 2

1:24 Because I have called, and ye refuse, I stretched out my hand, and none is attending,

1:25 And ye slight all my counsel, And my reproof ye have not desired.

1:26 I also in your calamity do laugh, I deride when your fear cometh,

1:27 When your fear cometh as destruction, And your calamity as a hurricane doth come, When on you come adversity and distress.

1:28 Then they call me, and I do not answer, They seek me earnestly, and find me not.

1:29 Because that they have hated knowledge, And the fear of Jehovah have not chosen.

1:30 They have not consented to my counsel, They have despised all my reproof,

1:31 And they eat of the fruit of their way, And from their own counsels they are filled.

1:32 For the turning of the simple slayeth them, And the security of the foolish destroyeth them.

1:33 And whoso is hearkening to me dwelleth confidently, And [is] quiet from fear of evil!'

2:1 My son, if thou dost accept my sayings, And my commands dost lay up with thee,

2:2 To cause thine ear to attend to wisdom, Thou inclinest thy heart to understanding,

2:3 For, if for intelligence thou callest, For understanding givest forth thy voice,

2:4 If thou dost seek her as silver, And as hid treasures searchest for her,

2:5 Then understandest thou fear of Jehovah, And knowledge of God thou findest.

2:6 For Jehovah giveth wisdom, From His mouth knowledge and understanding.

2:7 Even to lay up for the upright substance, A shield for those walking uprightly.

2:8 To keep the paths of judgment, And the way of His saints He preserveth.

2:9 Then understandest thou righteousness, And judgment, and uprightness -- every good path.

2:10 For wisdom cometh into thy heart, And knowledge to thy soul is pleasant,

2:11 Thoughtfulness doth watch over thee, Understanding doth keep thee,

2:12 To deliver thee from an evil way, From any speaking froward things,

2:13 Who are forsaking paths of uprightness, To walk in ways of darkness,

2:14 Who are rejoicing to do evil, They delight in frowardness of the wicked,

2:15 Whose paths [are] crooked, Yea, they are perverted in their ways.

2:16 To deliver thee from the strange woman, From the stranger who hath made smooth her sayings,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Bible Verses - 109

The Pistis Sophia - Page 22

Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 12