Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 9

7:24 And now, ye sons, hearken to me, And give attention to sayings of my mouth.

7:25 Let not thy heart turn unto her ways, Do not wander in her paths,

7:26 For many [are] the wounded she caused to fall, And mighty [are] all her slain ones.

7:27 The ways of Sheol -- her house, Going down unto inner chambers of death!

8:1 Doth not wisdom call? And understanding give forth her voice?

8:2 At the head of high places by the way, Between the paths she hath stood,

8:3 At the side of the gates, at the mouth of the city, The entrance of the openings, she crieth aloud,

8:4 `Unto you, O men, I call, And my voice [is] unto the sons of men.

8:5 Understand, ye simple ones, prudence, And ye fools, understand the heart,

8:6 Hearken, for noble things I speak, And the opening of my lips [is] uprightness.

8:7 For truth doth my mouth utter, And an abomination to my lips [is] wickedness.

8:8 In righteousness [are] all the sayings of my mouth, Nothing in them is froward and perverse.

8:9 All of them [are] plain to the intelligent, And upright to those finding knowledge.

8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver, And knowledge rather than choice gold.

8:11 For better [is] wisdom than rubies, Yea, all delights are not comparable with it.

8:12 I, wisdom, have dwelt with prudence, And a knowledge of devices I find out.

8:13 The fear of Jehovah [is] to hate evil; Pride, and arrogance, and an evil way, And a froward mouth, I have hated.

8:14 Mine [is] counsel and substance, I [am] understanding, I have might.

8:15 By me kings reign, and princes decree righteousness,

8:16 By me do chiefs rule, and nobles, All judges of the earth.

8:17 I love those loving me, And those seeking me earnestly do find me.

8:18 Wealth and honour [are] with me, Lasting substance and righteousness.

8:19 Better [is] my fruit than gold, even fine gold, And mine increase than choice silver.

8:20 In a path of righteousness I cause to walk, In midst of paths of judgment,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 12

The Pistis Sophia - Page 22

October Bible Verses - 109