Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 10

8:21 To cause my lovers to inherit substance, Yea, their treasures I fill.

8:22 Jehovah possessed me -- the beginning of His way, Before His works since then.

8:23 From the age I was anointed, from the first, From former states of the earth.

8:24 In there being no depths, I was brought forth, In there being no fountains heavy [with] waters,

8:25 Before mountains were sunk, Before heights, I was brought forth.

8:26 While He had not made the earth, and out-places, And the top of the dusts of the world.

8:27 In His preparing the heavens I [am] there, In His decreeing a circle on the face of the deep,

8:28 In His strengthening clouds above, In His making strong fountains of the deep,

8:29 In His setting for the sea its limit, And the waters transgress not His command, In His decreeing the foundations of earth,

8:30 Then I am near Him, a workman, And I am a delight -- day by day. Rejoicing before Him at all times,

8:31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of His earth, And my delights [are] with the sons of men.

8:32 And now, ye sons, hearken to me, Yea, happy are they who keep my ways.

8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and slight not.

8:34 O the happiness of the man hearkening to me, To watch at my doors day by day, To watch at the door-posts of my entrance.

8:35 For whoso is finding me, hath found life, And bringeth out good-will from Jehovah.

8:36 And whoso is missing me, is wronging his soul, All hating me have loved death!

9:1 Wisdom hath builded her house, She hath hewn out her pillars -- seven.

9:2 She hath slaughtered her slaughter, She hath mingled her wine, Yea, she hath arranged her table.

9:3 She hath sent forth her damsels, She crieth on the tops of the high places of the city:

9:4 `Who [is] simple? let him turn aside hither.' Whoso lacketh heart: she hath said to him,

9:5 `Come, eat of my bread, And drink of the wine I have mingled.

9:6 Forsake ye, the simple, and live, And be happy in the way of understanding.

9:7 The instructor of a scorner Is receiving for it -- shame, And a reprover of the wicked -- his blemish.

9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee, Give reproof to the wise, and he loveth thee.

9:9 Give to the wise, and he is wiser still, Make known to the righteous, And he increaseth learning.

9:10 The commencement of wisdom [is] the fear of Jehovah, And a knowledge of the Holy Ones [is] understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Bible Verses - 109

The Pistis Sophia - Page 22

Young's Literal Translation: Proverbs Page 12